DC USA Approved MS+1890 Series MS Deadlock/Deadlatch
FunctionMaximum security MS+ deadlock after hours, plus the convenience of traffic control management during the business day. Typical installation is a bank or store requiring three modes of door control:
- Both lock and latchbolts retracted for unrestricted entry and exit during business hours
- Handle-operated latch for exit-only traffic just after closing
- Maximum security MS hookbolt for overnight lockup. When using trim (available separately) to activate, handle or paddle operates latchbolt only.
Operation360° turn of key or thumbturn projects or retracts the hookbolt. 120° further turn retracts latchbolt as well. Lock accepts any standard 1" [25.4 mm] length, 1-5/32" [29.4 mm] diameter mortise cylinder with MS® cam such as the 4036 Mortise Cylinder, or thumbturn such as the 4066 Thumbturn, available separately. Lock accepts cylinder from either or both sides. When using trim (available separately) to activate, handle retracts springloaded latchbolt only. For door thickness other than 1-3/4”, please contact factory.
Cylinder Backset 31/32" [24.6 mm], 1-1/8" [28.6 mm], or 1-1/2" [38.1 mm].
Case Measures 1" x 7-3/8" x depth [25.4 mm x 187.3 mm x depth], depth varies by backset (see table on back of page). Steel with corrosion-resistant plating.
- Deadlock bolt: 5/8" x 1-3/8" [15.9 mm x 34.9 mm] with 13/16" [20.6 mm] throw. Eight-ply laminated stainless steel. Center ply has alumina-ceramic core to defeat any hacksaw attack, including rod-type “super” hacksaws, while hook shape repels pry bar attempts to “spread” the door from its jamb or lift it off its track.
- Latchbolt: Measures 5/8" x 5/8" [15.9 mm x 15.9 mm] with 7/16" [11.1 mm] throw. Zinc alloy with Delrin face for smooth, quiet action. Handing easily reversible. Bolt can be held fully retracted to allow door to be free swinging (see illustration on back of page).
Strike Armored strike with satin stainless steel trimplate with steel mounting plate and dust box. Flat strike furnished. Also available for pairs of doors in radius shape, or flat with square corners for ANSI hollow metal jambs. Flat strikes also available with longer lip. MS+1890 Deadlock/Latch cannot be used with electric strikes.
Standard Package Individually boxed with strike and machine screws for mounting. Cylinder and/ or thumbturn available separately.
- Handle, paddle available separately for one side only or both sides. Handles, paddles on both sides solve, with minimum traffic impediment, the problem of doors that stand ajar due to wind or air-conditioning pressures.
- Available in right hand or left hand configurations
- Available in choice of 313 Dark bronze anodized, 335 Black anodized, 628 Clear anodized