Norton 5600 Low Energy Power Door Operator
The Norton 5600 Low Energy Power Door Operator is a great handicap automatic door solution for restroom doors, ADA compliant offices, classrooms, dorm rooms, and more. The Norton 5600 also features an array of beneficial functions that make it a great low energy handicap door opener. One of these functions is the "push and go" feature. With this feature when the door is slightly pushed or pulled open, the Norton 5600 Low Energy Power Door Operator senses movement, and will automatically open the door to the full open position. Another important feature is that the Norton 5600 Low Energy Power Door Operator has Normally Open/Normally Closed relay output for an electric door strike. Also included is the motor start delay, which allows for a 0-5 second delay to allow locking hardware to release first, before the door begins swing open. If safety is a concern, the Norton 5600 Low Energy Power Door Operator also features Obstruction Detection, where the motor will stop if the door is obstructed during opening. The Norton 5600 Low Energy Power Door Operator also features an overload safety function, where the inverter will time out after two minutes of receiving a door activation signal in order to prevent motor and inverter damage.
Door Closers USA is your Norton 5600 Low Energy Power Door Operator supplier. So please browse our large selection of Norton 5600 Low Energy Power Door Operators and replacement parts, and order everything you need for your job or project.
The 5600 Series Operators offer functionality and control at an affordable price. Ideal for retrofit applications, the 5600 Series converts interior, non-fire rated doors for ADA compliance easily and affordably and provides a simple way to achieve touchless environments in public restrooms. Available for push or pull mounting, this unit can be operated manually or activated by wall switches, or radio frequency devices. Easy to install, set-up and adjust, the 5600 Series is perfect for ADA-compliant offices, classrooms and dorm rooms, and touch free applications like public restrooms, labs
and examination rooms. The 5600 Series provides a straightforward solution for interior, non-fire rated doors that need to be automated to offer ADA-compliant accessibility.
Operators for interior doors shall be products of one manufacturer and be matched in style. Operator (non-fire rated doors) closing force shall be adjustable to ensure adequate closing control and shall simulate conventional door closer opening and closing forces unless the power operator motor is activated or in the event of a power outage to the operator. Operators shall be non-handed and have electrically controlled backcheck, sweep, and latch with manual adjustment to set both the full open and full closed door positions. Maximum door open shall be adjustable up to 95°, pull side mounting, conditions permitting. Operators can be SELECTIVELY ACTIVATED (i.e. external wall switches, radio frequency devices). Operators shall have input line rating of 120VAC, .6A, and include on board relay contact for interfacing with products having a rating of 24VDC at 1A. Door operators shall include an external On/Off Switch to defeat powered opening cycle and an internal circuit breaker switch to interrupt input power for servicing. Operators shall be ETL certified and conform to ANSI/U.L. standard 325 for automatic closing doors. Door operators shall be in compliance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and ANSI/BHMA standard A117.1.
Additional Detailed Specifications
When activated, the door operator shall, by means of an integral motor, power open the door at both a speed and force adjustable to meet accessibility codes. The door shall be powered from a door closed position to a full door open position and remain in momentary hold open for 0 to 30 seconds (adjustable 0 to 30 seconds); (A.D.A requires 5 seconds minimum hold open). Operators shall be capable of allowing the door to be opened manually from 0 to 95°, conditions permitting. Once door operator reaches full hold open position, if reinitiated, the momentary hold open time shall restart from the initially set hold open time. If door operator is initiated during the closing cycle, the operator shall revert to opening cycle beginning at that door position. Obstruction detection during opening shall neutralize and reverse motor action reverting motor to closed position allowing door to close by means of the integral motor. The obstruction detection feature shall be integral to the door operator. During closing cycle, the door operator shall close door by means of integral motor power not to exceed a closing force of 15 lbf. In the event of power loss, the door will remain in the position at the time of the power loss during the opening or the closing cycles.
- Push or pull side mounting
- Quiet operation
- Electrically controlled backcheck, sweep and latch
- Activation options: wall switches, radio frequency devices
- Ease of installation and set-up
- On/Off Switch
- Hold open options: 0-30 seconds (5 seconds minimum required for ADA and ANSI/BHMA A156.19)
- Onboard 24VDC (1.1A) power supply for accessories
- Door closer mode for manual usage
- Electronic motor dampening - provides feel of normal, manual door closer
- Electric hardware and access control interface
- Optional AC power cord
- Push & Go - as the door is manually opened, the operator "senses" movement and opens door to the full-open position.
- Obstruction Detection - motor stops if door is obstructed during opening
- Overload Safety Shut-Off
- After two minutes of receiving a door activation signal, the inverter will time out
- Prevents motor/inverter damage
- Motor Start Delay - 0-5 second delay to allowing locking hardware to release first
- Executive Kit - kit shipped with a transmitter and RF receiver
- 'Hands-Free' Kits - operator shipped with wave-to-open switch and option of electric strike for mortise or cylindrical lock
- Affordable functionality: simply opens and closes the door to automate interior, non-fire rated doors
- Ideal for retrofit applications: easy installation and optional AC power cord effortlessly converts openings for barrier free accessibility
- Consistent and dependable: quiet electromechanical operation meets ADA requirements and provides easy access
- Hands-free operation: ideal for public restrooms or upgrading openings for ADA compliance when used with touchless wall switches
- Touchless applications
– Public restrooms
– Examination rooms
- Retrofit applications to meet ADA
– Dorm rooms
- Relay Output: SPDT
- Normally Open/Normally Closed (jumper)
- For electric strike function
- Power Input; 120 VAC, 60Hz
- Current Draw: .6A
- Auxiliary Output: 24VDC @ 1.1A
- ETL certified; conforms to ANSI/UL standard 325 for automatic closing doors
- Meets requirements for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- 1-year limited warranty