Louvered Hollow Metal Door Pairs
A louvered hollow metal door pair consists of two vented steel doors. The louver, or door vent, is available in various sizes and provides air ventilation. Louvered hollow metal door pairs are a great way to provide maximum ventilation to a storage room or electrical room.
Louvered Hollow Metal Door Pair Features
- Heavy duty 18 Gauge steel is standard. 16 and 20 gauge is also available.
- Insulated polystyrene core is standard (R-Value 7.14, U-Value 0.14). Honeycomb, steel stiffened, or polyurethane cores available.
- Fire rated up to 3 hours is standard.
- Galvannealed steel is standard.
- Heavy duty steel cap is standard.
- Universal 4.5" x 4.5" Square Hinge Prep
- 7 Gauge hinge reinforcement is standard.
- Double baked gray rust inhibiting primer standard.
- Manufactured in the USA.
- Heavy duty door closer reinforcement standard.
- 1-3/4" door thickness.
Louvered Hollow Metal Door Pair Configurations
Louvered hollow metal door pairs come in 5 basic handing configurations: left hand reverse active, right hand reverse active, left hand active, right hand active, both door panels active. The chart below shows the common louvered hollow metal door pair configurations.
Louvered Hollow Metal Door Pair Lock Prep
Louvered hollow metal doors are available in the following lock preps:
- 161 Lock or Deadbolt Prep (Bored Lock Hole with 2-3/4" backset for use with any commercial cylindrical lock)
- 86 Mortise Edge Prep (Mortise pocket for use with any commercial mortise lock. Face prep by installer)
- Blank Lock (No Bored Hole)
- RPD Rim Panic Prep (Reinforced prep designed for mounting a rim panic exit device on face of door)
Louvered Hollow Metal Door Pair Hinge Prep
Louvered hollow metal door pairs are prepped standard for 4.5" x 4.5" square ball bearing hinges with heavy duty 7 gauge hinge reinforcements. Continuous hinge prep available upon request.
Louvered Hollow Metal Door Pair Sizes
Louvered hollow metal door pairs are available in all standard door widths up to 8'-0" (2 Each 4'-0" door panels) and heights up to 8'-0" (96"). Custom door widths and heights are available for quotation.
Louvered hollow metal door pairs are available with all standard louver sizes:
- 12" x 12" Louver on each door
- 18" x 12" Louver on each door
- 24" x 12" Louver on each door
- 24" x 18" Louver on each door
- 24" x 24" Louver on each door
- 24" x 64" Louver on each door
Fixed Blade Louver
A fixed blade louver is a non-adjustable vent design. The Y blade design uses interlocking construction and allows for a 50% free flow area.
Fusible Link Louver
A UL labeled fusible link louver is a vent designed for installation on fire doors. It features adjustable z blades that pivot on rivets and a built in fusible link. The blades are adjusted by a lever. Once the temperature reaches the melting point, the fusible link melts and z blades close and lock meeting fire door requirements.
Louver Hollow Metal Door Pair Certifications
- Designed and tested to comply with the requirements of the Florida Building Code including High Velocity Hurricane Zone.
- FL13889, FL17900, FL18463 Labels Available
- Meets or exceeds ANSI 250.4 and ANSI 250.8
Louver Hollow Metal Door Pair Applications
Louvered hollow metal door pairs are great for rooms that require maximum ventilation. The two door panels provide a large net opening for moving material in and out of the room. Both door panels with louvers provide maximum ventilation. Below are some popular applications for louvered hollow metal door pairs:
- Electrical Room
- Storage Room
- Closet Door
- Computer Room