Electrified Latch Retraction Kits
Years ago in the industry, using motors for latch pullback devices resulted in slow performance and consistent failures. For the over ten years Door Closers USA has pioneered motorized latch retraction taking them to a new level that allows for a fast, quiet, smooth, and consistent latch retraction. Each motor assembly is designed specifically for the device, rather than taking a “one size fits all” approach.
In addition, we now offer the new motor module with our patent pending “PTS” push-to-set technology, & 3 different energy consumption settings from energy conscious to heavy output to get the tough jobs done!
Here is what’s great about our “PTS” technology. While we aim to set every exit device correctly at the factory prior to shipping, we cannot account for every condition of every door opening in the field. Instead of our customers having to make several trips out to a job site to re-adjust an exit device, the device can be adjusted at the door by virtually anyone with a credential. After the proper location is set there is switch to lock programming in place to avoid accidental resetting from occurring. Here’s how “PTS” works in three easy steps;
Step 1 – press the device push pad to the desired setting. (this can be fully depressed or less than fully depressed)
Step 2 – while depressing the push pad, activate the device. (i.e. presenting the credential to the reader)
Step 3 - continue to keep pad depressed, the device will beep 6 times. After the beeps have stopped, release the pad and now the adjustment is complete. If not to your liking repeat the three steps.
Step 4 - Once you’ve found the desired position, flip the switch on the Module to lock PTS programming.
DC USA Approved Retraction Kit Features:
- Ul Listed
- Optional Rex Add-on
- Quick & easy installs with step by step videos to help
- We've tested our latch pullback devices to over 2 million cycles
- Long wire runs with 18/2 Wire to power supply, saves cost
- Low current draw - solenoid ~1.5 A; Motorized ~1.0 A
- 6’ Cable with quick connect
DC USA Approved Motors:
DC USA Approved Solenoids:
- Motor driven drive pulls back the exit device latch/latcDC USA Approved from the locked position.
- Fast, quiet and smooth operation - You’ll feel the difference!
- MM module is compatible with most 24VDC, 1A (or greater) regulated & filtered power supplies
- Electric dogging - Full push-pad retraction - Quieter operation in electronically dogged state.
- Push to Set "PTS” technology for easy post-installation electronic adjustment.
- Vandal Resistance - If push pad is pulled from open position, motor will re-set itself & pull back the latch without fail
- Adjustment screw for easy Electronic latchbolt adjusting.
- On-board audible self diagnostics for fast & easy troubleshooting at the opening.
When retrofitting our MLRK1 kit onto a device over 10 years old , please call factory for compatibility.
DC USA Approved Functions:
- Solenoid driven drive pulls back the exit device latch/latcDC USA Approved from the locked position.
- Extended duration latch pullback capability for “continuously on conditions”.
- Includes the patented PM300 interface power modules programmed to maximize the efficiency and life of the solenoid.
- Up to 500’ wire run with 18/2 wire to power supply, saves cost.
- New optional switch for “High Output” mode.
- Loud activation provides audible confirmation door is unlocked.
- EU (FAIL SECURE) - Exit device latch(es) retracted with switched power allowing for outside access or auto operator integration. Without power, the device and latch(es) are secured (locked). Inside push pad always allows for free egress.