Louvered Hollow Metal Doors
A louvered hollow metal door is a steel door with a built in vent. The vent, also referred to as door louver, provides ventilation and allows air to pass through the door more easily. Louvered hollow metal doors are very common in electrical rooms where ventilation is needed without sacrificing the door's security.
Louvered Hollow Metal Door Features
- Heavy duty 18 Gauge steel is standard. 16 and 20 gauge is also available.
- Insulated polystyrene core is standard (R-Value 7.14, U-Value 0.14). Honeycomb, steel stiffened, or polyurethane cores available.
- Fire rated up to 3 hours is standard.
- Galvannealed steel is standard.
- Heavy duty steel cap is standard.
- Universal 4.5" x 4.5" Square Hinge Prep
- 7 Gauge hinge reinforcement is standard.
- Double baked gray rust inhibiting primer standard.
- Manufactured in the USA.
- Heavy duty door closer reinforcement standard.
- 1-3/4" door thickness.
Louvered Hollow Metal Door Lock Prep
Louvered hollow metal doors are available in the following lock preps:
- 161 Lock or Deadbolt Prep (Bored Lock Hole with 2-3/4" backset for use with any commercial cylindrical lock)
- 86 Mortise Edge Prep (Mortise pocket for use with any commercial mortise lock. Face prep by installer)
- Blank Lock (No Bored Hole)
- RPD Rim Panic Prep (Reinforced prep designed for mounting a rim panic exit device on face of door)
Louvered Hollow Metal Door Hinge Prep
Louvered hollow metal doors are prepped standard for 4.5" x 4.5" square ball bearing hinges with heavy duty 7 gauge hinge reinforcements. Continuous hinge prep available upon request.
Louvered Hollow Metal Door SizesLouvered hollow metal doors are available in all standard door widths up to 4'-0" (48") and heights up to 8'-0" (96"). Custom door widths and heights are available for quotation.
Louvered hollow metal doors are available with all standard louver sizes:
- 12" x 12" Louver
- 18" x 12" Louver
- 24" x 12" Louver
- 24" x 18" Louver
- 24" x 24" Louver
- 24" x 64" Louver
Louver TypesFixed Blade Louver
A fixed blade louver is a non-adjustable vent design. The Y blade design uses interlocking construction and allows for a 50% free flow area.
Fusible Link Louver
A UL labeled fusible link louver is a vent designed for installation on fire doors. It features adjustable z blades that pivot on rivets and a built in fusible link. The blades are adjusted by a lever. Once the temperature reaches the melting point, the fusible link melts and z blades close and lock meeting fire door requirements.
Louver Hollow Metal Door Certifications
- Designed and tested to comply with the requirements of the Florida Building Code including High Velocity Hurricane Zone.
- FL13889, FL17900, FL18463 Labels Available
- Meets or exceeds ANSI 250.4 and ANSI 250.8
Louver Hollow Metal Door Applications
Commercial louvered hollow metal doors provide better ventilation and air flow than that of flush hollow metal doors. Below are some popular applications for louvered hollow metal doors:
- Electrical Room
- Storage Room
- Closet Door
- Computer Room