DC USA Approved 47V5 Style Replacement Commercial Door Closer
- 47V5 Door Closer Replacement
- ADA Compliant
- Available In Variety Of Finishes
- Instructions & Mounting Template Included
- Adjustable closing and latching speeds controlled by separate regulating valves. Adjustable after installation.
Can be installed top jamb, parallel, or regular
Closer AdjustmentClosing Cycle
NOTE: Closing arcs (CLOSE and LATCH) are controlled by two (2) separate speed valve adjuster. Adjust the CLOSING speed first, then adjust the LATCHING speed.
1. CLOSING speed adjustment is accomplished by full rotations of the speed valve adjuster. - Turn the speed valve screw CLOCKWISE for a slower close arc closing speed. - Turn the speed valve screw COUNTER-CLOCKWISE for a faster close arc closing speed.
2. LATCH speed adjustment is accomplished by full rotations of the speed adjuster valve. - Turn the speed valve screw CLOCKWISE for a slower latch arc closing speed. - Turn the speed valve screw COUNTER-CLOCKWISE for a faster latch arc closing speed.
CAUTION!! Do not turn speed adjuster valve more than two (2) full turns counter-clockwise from its factory default position, as the two speed valve adjusters could become dislodge from the door closer body, resulting in the loss of internal fluid and failure of the device.
Available Options:Drop Plate Option:
A flat drop plate option is available for installations where there is low headroom or insufficient mounting space on the door frame.Regular Arm Installation With Drop PlateTop Jamb Installation With Drop PlateAdditional Mounting Hardware:
- Sex Nuts and Bolts: Set of 4 Each. For steel door applications.
- Thru Bolts and Grommet Nuts: Set of 4 Each. For Wood and Aluminum Door Applications.
The adjustable back check provides a checking or cushioning effect as the door is severely thrust open, typically as it might be caught by the wind, or in violent egress by an individual. The back check helps prevent damage to the door, door hardware, or to adjacent wall surfaces. The strength of the checking action is adjustable, and when it is fully employed (not recommended) it places considerable strain on the door closer, which can result in failing or leaking. It is always best to turn out back the back check valve 1-1/2 to 2 full turns from the fully closed position for safety.Hold Open Function:
This option allows you to add a hold open arm to the door closer. A hold open arm is an adjustable arm that allows the user to set the door to a hold open position.