American Choice Grade 1 Heavy Duty Cylindrical Lock With Free Wheeling Clutch Lever Designed For Installation On Commercial Wood Doors
American Choice cylindrical locks are the highest quality on the market today. Each American Choice door lock is designed for use on commercial doors including hollow metal steel security doors and solid core wood doors. The heavy duty lock chassis allows American Choice cylindrical locks to perform in the harshest and highest traffic commercial door applications. Each American choice door locks can universally fit and replace any commercial cylindrical door lock. It features a 2-3/4" backset standard to all commercial cylindrical door locks.
Free Wheeling Clutch Lever For Enhanced Security
The American Choice cylindrical lock features a built in clutch. This allows the lever handles to move freely independent of the lock chassis, preventing the lock from any potential damage from pedestrians abusing the lever handles or vandals attempting to break into the building.
American Choice locks are expected to be used on interior or exterior commercial doors. As a result each lock is coated with zinc dichromate to prevent any corrosion. This allows the lock to be installed on entrance or exit doors without any chance of rust or corrosion.
ADA, or the Americans With Disabilities Act, is a law passed in 1990 which includes commercial door requirements that ensure equal accessibility to all. Any ADA compliant door must use ADA compliant door hardware. Unfortunately, there are many door locks on the market today that are not ADA compliant. With American Choice, you will have the peace of mind knowing that the cylindrical lock you purchase is ADA and Building Code compliant.
According to NFPA80, in order to maintain fire code compliance, fire rated door hardware must be used on a fire rated door. The American Choice cylindrical door lock is ULC listed for use on 3 hour fire rated doors. This means the American Choice lock is an ideal candidate for installing or replacing a cylindrical lock on fire rated steel and wood doors.
American Choice Lock Includes
- American Choice Lock With Schlage C Keyway
- ANSI ASA Strike
- 2 Keys
American Choice Lock Dimensions
- American Choice lock latch is 1-1/8" x 2-1/4" With 1/2" throw
- 2-3/4" backset
- Rose trim around lever is 3-1/2" diameter
- ANSI ASA strike is 1-1/4" x 4-7/8"
American Choice Lock Installation
For replacing existing cylindrical locks, the American Choice lock uses a universal footprint and backset to replace any commercial door cylindrical lock. The American Lock uses a 2-3/4" backset. The backset is the distance from the leading edge of the door to the centerline of the lock hole prep. For new installation the American Choice lock fits any hollow metal or commercial wood 161 standard lock prep. The American Choice cylindrical lock can be used on doors 1-3/8" thick to 2" thick.
American Choice Lock Features
- ADA Compliant
- ANSI A156.2 Compliant
- Grade 1 Lock - Tested and exceeded over 800,000 door cycles
- UL/ULC Listed For Use On 3 Hour Fire Rated Doors
American Choice Lock Functions
- (F75) Passage: Latchbolt operated by lever from either side at all times
- (F76) Privacy / Bedroom / Bathroom: Latchbolt operated by lever from either side or emergency release in outside lever. Outside lever locked by push button on inside. Outside lever unlocked by emergency release from outside, rotating inside lever, or closing door.
- (F86) Storeroom: Latchbolt operated by inside lever or key in outside lever. Outside lever always fixed.
- (F109) Entrance: Latchbolt operated by lever from either side or key in outside lever. Outside lever locked by push/turn button on inside. When outside lever is locked by push button on inside and key from outside, or rotating inside lever unlocks outside lever. When outside lever is locked by pushing and turning button on the inside, key from outside or rotating inside lever retracts latch but does not unlock outside lever.
- (F84) Classroom: Latchbolt operated by lever from either side. Outside lever locked by key from outside. Outside lever unlocked by key from outside. Inside lever always operates latch.