Full Height Heavy Duty Geared Hinge Designed For Mortise Installation In Door & Frame - For Replacing Existing Full Mortise Continuous Hinges or New Installation On Commercial Wood Doors Prepped For Mortise Continuous Hinges
American Choice manufactures the highest quality full height continuous door hinges on the market today. American Choice continuous hinges are ideal for doors that are heavy, have a lot of traffic, or get abused frequently. Unlike traditional butt hinges, the full length design of the American Choice continuous hinge prevents the commercial door from sagging since it distributes the weight of the door along the entire hinge side of the door frame. The heavy duty geared teeth of the American Choice continuous geared hinge provide safe and smooth operation when the door is opening or closing.
American Choice Features
- Full mortise design - Hinge leafs are mortised into door and frame
- Designed for new construction installation or for replacing a door with an existing full mortise continuous hinge. If existing door has butt hinges and you wish to upgrade to a continuous hinge, please see American Choice Full Surface Continuous Hinge, which is designed for replacing butt hinges.
- Continuous hinge leafs feature rib design for easy alignment with door and frame
- Designed for use on Fire Rated and Non Fire Rated commercial wood doors
- Great for light, medium, or heavy traffic doors
- Can be used with doors up to 450lbs.
- Includes Hardware
American Choice Installation Requirements
- Requires 5/16" clearance between door and hinge side of frame